Essentials: Completes defined food preparation, cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned.
- Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedules.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks, and at times serves meals; ensures appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
- Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
- Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to deliveries.
- Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
- Prepares and maintains a proper inventory program for food and non-food products.
- Implements menu substitutions if needed according to State and Federal regulations.
- Cleans equipment and work areas as assigned by the Director of Dietary.
- Friendly; enjoy working with diverse people; must be able to work with a team and individually. Must be flexible with changes, updates, and accept all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of one year food service experience preferred.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, and the public.
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in keeping work record, monitoring inventory control and supplies, and in recipe preparation.
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
- Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food and operate dietary equipment.
- Able to understand and follow procedures, recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments.
- Works in an area with varying degrees of temperatures (hot/cold).
- Ability to utilize computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, and documentation.
- Must possess or obtain a Texas Food Handler’s License within 2 weeks of accepting position
Compensation: $14.00 hour Schedule: Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm
Email resume to: email@example.com Attention: Jerod
Fill out an application: In person at 2199 SE 8th Ave Monday – Friday 9am-3pm